Thursday 4 October 2012

Wedding dreaming - Yellow, grey and white colour scheme

When someone finds out you are a planning a wedding, one of the most common questions is "What colours are you having>?" and I'm sure when people heard my combo they probably thought it was a bit strange.  Choosing the colours for my wedding was a tortuous decision and I changed my mind often in the initial planning stages.  I ended up settling on grey, white and yellow.  My wedding venue was a modern venue right in the middle of the West Australian bush, and I felt that these three colours were represented often in the plants.  The bridesmaids wore light grey dresses and bright yellow shoes, and carried bouquets of white and yellow roses.  The guys wore dark grey suits and yellow, grey and white ties.  And then of course a lot of the decor was in the same colour scheme so by the time it got to the wedding I was seeing those three colours everywhere!


The bridesmaids chose their own dresses, something that was very important to me as I wanted them all to feel comfortable and beautiful.








(All photos courtesy of Lauren Waye)







No comments:

Post a Comment